My Credentials, Background & Bio
- Over 15 years experience crafting and implementing leading-edge internet marketing strategies and tactics across a range of business models.
- 6X entrepreneur, with 4 exits (see below). Currently running the other 2 companies:
- Vocational Media Group: hybrid e-commerce consulting services firm and holding company for my portfolio of websites that spans various niches and monetization strategies.
- TBD Real Estate Company: blending my digital marketing skillset with the security of traditional real estate to produce higher gains through short-term rental platforms like AirBNB and VRBO.
- Exits include:
- 2022: 7-figure sale of e-commerce brands (“Comfy Clothiers”, “Brite Crown” and “Modern Industrial”) to an Amazon FBA Aggregator. Began the first brand in 2015 and scaled up, weathered a sharp decline in demand due to COVID in 2020, and then oversaw recovery in 2021-2022 to surpass previous sales records while also improving overall profitability in a difficult market (increased shipping costs, higher tariffs).
- 2021: 6-figure sale of e-commerce company (“SSP Brands”). Joined an established niche brand in early 2020 and successfully launched Amazon 3P channel, then sold shares to partners 18-months later following successful rollout.
- 2013: 7-figure sale of SEO agency (“Ephricon”). Built this agency from scratch in my early 20’s and ran it for just shy of 10 years. Grew to over $2mm in annual revenue with over 60 clients, 15 employees and 20-25% net income.
- 2008: 6-figure sale of lead generation (affiliate) website in the home improvement space (“All Around the Home”). This was a side project started in 2005 while growing my agency and also finishing graduate school.
- Numerous speaking engagements at conferences and local colleges and universities.
In the Media…
Jon has been cited by Forbes.com, TechCrunch, PC Magazine, Moz.com, The Charlotte Observer, PBS, CIO.com, The Washington Post, ZDNet and numerous other trusted websites and publications. He’s also been a guest lecturer at several universities, spoken at industry conferences and has personally hired and trained dozens of top digital marketers.
- MBA, Marketing – Loyola College in Maryland (summa cum laude)
- BS, Marketing & E-Business – Towson University (summa cum laude, valedictorian)
- 2003-2013: President & Founder, Ephricon Web Marketing
- 2013-2014: VP of Marketing Services, Straight North (acquired Ephricon in 2013)
- 2014-2022: President, Net Focus Media
- 2020-Today: President, Vocational Media Group